So God created mankind in His own image, in the image
of God He created them; male and female He created them.
To strive toward our mission of “providing dignity and love like Jesus, bringing people together to build stronger, healthier communities” and to meet our goal of “fostering a caring, kind, and inclusive environment to ensure that those we serve leave feeling dignified and respected”, Family Network has established the following Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
Family Network of Wyoming staff, board, and volunteers are committed to establishing and promoting a safe and welcoming environment in all policies, practices, programs, and business and community relationships. We actively seek to promote access, equity and inclusiveness in our operational practices with relentless positive energy. Family Network will not tolerate discrimination based on race, creed, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, political belief socioeconomic status, ability level, or other factors that deny the essential humanity of all people.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are Biblical mandates modeled by Jesus throughout His teachings. God calls us to love our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 22:39) and care for the least of these (Matthew 25:40).
To provide informed, authentic leadership for diversity, equity, and inclusion, Family Network strives to:
- Recognize that diversity, inclusion, and equity are directly connected to our mission and are critical to ensure the well-being of our team and the effectiveness of our service to our community.
- Model, teach, and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Lead with respect and tolerance and the expectation that all Family Network constituents will embrace this notion and model it in interactions and through everyday practices.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address them in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Acknowledge, seek to understand, and rectify any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
In order to promote diversity and inclusion in our organization, Family Network commits to:
- Demonstrate our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the selection of our board leadership, staff, committees, and advisory bodies.
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Seek to make incremental, measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts.
- Improve our cultural leadership pipeline by creating and supporting programs and policies that foster leadership that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
- Develop a system for being more intentional and conscious of bias in all processes.
- Advocate for public and private-sector policy that promotes diversity, inclusion, and equity. Challenge systems and policies that create inequity, oppression and disparity.
All staff, volunteers, and board members of Family Network of Wyoming have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times. All these constituents are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion while onsite, and at related functions on behalf of FNTW regardless of event location.
All staff and board members are required to attend and complete annual diversity awareness training to enhance their knowledge to fulfill this responsibility.
Individuals who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with Family Network of Wyoming’s D&I policy and initiatives should seek assistance from a manager or board member.